Monday, June 26, 2017

POLITICS: I am in politics to serve my people as planned by God — Udebhulu.

Kelly O. Udebhulu

 EKPOMA-Kelly O. Udebhulu is a trained  Investigative Journalist, an alumnus of CEDAG and a prolific writer, a blogger, a known socio/cultural crusader, a politician and a businessman. Born to the family of Chief A. A. Udebhulu of Ohon-Urohi, Esan West L.G of Edo State, Nigeria. Married with children and a christian. Chairman/President, Vicuma Nigeria Limited, a construction & Investment Services Firm.

Excerpt:

Why did you go into the murky waters of politics in Nigeria?

 My main motive of going into politics is to serve my people; to bring about the dividends of democracy to the doorsteps of the people. I have seen the plights of my people and my personal or private material wealth cannot do as that from the government directly if we have workable representative in government.


So you think the person representing the constituency now is not doing enough? 

The truth is that our past and present representatives have actually done their best but I am offering myself for service to consolidate on their past achievements though their achievements are not visibly enough for the people.

How do you hope to bring government closer to the people?

 I am a young person, traveled far and wide and I feel this is a clarion call for all the young persons to come together. If we can all come together, we can make a difference. We are young in our age and this is our time. Our past leaders have done their best, let us come and let’s see what we can actually do to bring about even distribution of economic goods and services. As a politician aiming to represent my people in the next election, there are certain things I cannot do and there are certain things I can do. I hope to provide for our people, the basic infrastructure that are lacking in our communities and make our people happy.

What exactly do you want to do for your people and how will you go about it?

 I want to empower our people, build schools etc. As lawmakers, although it is not in our power to build schools but what I will do is to be in a good working relationship with the authorities in charge so that the basic social amenities required by the communities will be provided. I will ensure that the artisans, vulcanizers, hairdressers etc., are empowered with the needed tools and enabling environment to work with.

 I believe that governance should be all about the people, those who put them there. If voted into power, I hope to work with colleagues harmoniously to ensure that the welfare of our people is taken care of. Like I said earlier, our past and present representatives have no doubt done their best but their best is obviously not enough. Much still needs to be done. If you go to my community, Urohi,  it is in a sorry state, there is no development at all in the area.

What are your messages to your people?

My message to my people is that there is hope. We can achieve the better part of the dividends of democracy if I am chosen to represent in the next election. They should not use the eyes of the old politicians look at me, am a new breed of politician who have seen life and widely exposed to advanced infrastructure and amenities. I shall deliver by God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment