Friday, October 27, 2017

Politics: Our People Get the Type of Political Leaders & Council Chairpersons they wanted by their actions all these Years, APC Chairmanship Aspirant, Kelly Udebhulu in an interview with Press men.

By Stephanie Okoh.

The journey of hundreds kilometres begins with a step so the begining of Kelly O. Udebhulu in the politics of the day as he contests for the chairmanship seat of Esan West Local Government under the political platform of All Progressives Congress (APC). In this interview with Stephanie Okoh, he talks much on youths readiness for Change, sentimental politics of bitterness and other issues.

Excerpt:

EPNews: Can we know you briefly and what inspired your aspiration for the chairmanship position in Esan West local government Area?

Udebhulu: I am Kelly O. Udebhulu, a native of Urohi Kingdom in Esan west local government of Edo state. To be specific and brief, I have gathered so much to contribute to the upliftment of the society. And for that unique preparedness, I will be able to administer that sincere leadership service that will stand as an example for many others to follow. As to achieve this, I discover that charity must begin at home. And so, the council administration becomes the most important platform for me to establish the kind of selfless leadership style I really have not seen much exhibited in the past professionally. I have also attended leadership training in so many areas including abroad. I really wish to have a chance where I can display that which I have learnt internationally and bring it to establish in our domain for rapid growth and development of our society too.

EPNews: charity begins at home. EPNews learnt that you have paid school fees on several occasions for students and sponsored many youths to abroad from your local Government and community particularly, is that true?

Udebhulu: Yes. That has been my character. I love sharing my widow’s might. As someone who has passed through the bitter parts of studentship and life generally because I lost my father at my tender age, no effort made towards alleviating the suffering condition of average persons no matter how small that is taken for granted. I may be considering my widow’s might as too small a gesture, but go to the minds of those beneficiaries, you will see joy and hope in their minds. And that is where I take solace from and I wish I have access to political power that will enable me do even more and cover a wider range and get as many as possible educated. Education is the only sure path to unity, progress, growth and development of any society. I dont need to talk much on my philanthropic works, God knows and has His ways of exposing them to the world not man otherwise it becomes proudness hence I don't always answer those questions when asked.

EPNews: We believe you will be contesting on the platform of the All Progressives Congress. Can you tell us about your campaign team's current state of preparedness toward the party primaries and for the big stage when you eventually sail through?

Udebhulu: Well as you know APC is a big family. No single person can decide its structure and family, one needs to show working, show strength, show popularity, show loyalty and be visionary. All of these, I am very mindful of them all. About my campaign working team, I feel am the only aspirant that have dedicated group of individuals working day and night to ensure what they have found in me that is of their taste be brought to the larger Esan land by my election as Esan West Local Government Area Chairman.

I already have a broad based network campaign team working assiduously. As I speak to you, there is no single community in Esan West LGA that I don’t have people canvassing for my support across the local government area. I love one thing about my team, they are calm and calculative. My campaign team covers both on ground and the media space. They are people who have decided to work selflessly in order to better tomorrow. I trust them and the team has so much confidence in me.

EPNews: What is your definition of leadership and your visions for the people of  Esan West LGA?

Udebhulu: Truly leadership in my own view is means of empowering those that he/she is leading. And it must be physical empowerment, psychological empowerment, spiritual empowerment, social empowerment, cultural empowerment, modern/technological empowerment etc. To me, Leadership is a veritable platform for bringing to bear that innovation that is targeting transforming the people. One is leading for ultimate productivity and advancement. My vision is to remove the people of Esan West Local Government Area from the shackles of ineptitude in leadership, show them transparency in governance, ensure that no single soul die in Esan West Local Government Area without knowing how to at least write his her name and then make Esan West people Great. I will like to see that happens.

EPNews: Many want to know you really, what message you have for them?

I want them to know that my lifestyle, my antecedents, and background are my negotiating philosophy. I live an open minded lifestyle. I’m very active in the media world. I feel that a chameleon-like minded individuals can’t expose themselves to the public for too long unless they are conscienceless individuals who don’t even have iota of integrity in life. I have a buildup integrity. I am a social person. I believe it’s God who lifted me from nothingness to where I am today and that if I consciously offend Him, He can easily return me to square one. In other words, I have the fear of God and many people know me for that over time. So, I will encourage people to be steadfast and try anyone that have not been before or are tried in little ways but were not culprit or found wanting. I will serve Esan west LGA with the fear of God and serious ruggedness to bring change and development to my people.

EPNews: The easiest thing to do as a chairman of a council is to attract smart policy advisers and the hardest decisions won’t be consensus decisions. What will inform your decision making so as not to just accept what they say?

Udebhulu: One of the reasons why I am so unique particularly and also maintain integrity is my independent mindedness. Though I listen to people a lot, but I normally go for the most hardest choice which often turned out to be the best and unique at the end and gets so many people attracted to it at the long run.

I love peace and Fear God. I will continue to say it loud, I hate politics of bitterness, hate and back-bitting because I want to become a council chairman. Not in my character !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment